A beauty hack is a step or trick that can make your beauty and makeup routine easier, make a product last longer or save you time.
Here are some of my beauty hacks:
- Ever have mascara that became thick? Add a few drops of eye drops, shake and apply.
- Favorite lipgloss too thick? Add a few drops of coconut oil to make it thin again to apply, plus it will help moisturize.
- Need a lip scrub? Use a small amount of brown sugar and coconut oil and apply in circular motion to remove dead skin cells
- Want to fix mascara or eyeliner? Grab a tiny bit of hand lotion apply and then wipe with a tissue
- Use leftover coffee grounds for a tightening mask, apply with a few drops of coconut oil
- Use a tootbrush with a tiny bit of gel to brush brows
- Fill a bowl with ice and water, and soak your nails for a few minutes after painting them. The cold water will set the paint and help your nails dry faster
- Hold your black, green, burgundy, etc., kohl eye pencil (which typically creates a thin, harder-to-apply line), under the flame for one second, let it cool for 15 seconds, and then watch the consistency change right before your eyes. Glide on your newly made gel liner for an instantly smudgier formula.
- If you take off your shirt and accidentally smudge your makeup on the collar, just wipe a dollop of shaving cream on the spot to pretreat it before tossing it in the wash.
- The quickest way to de-puffing and tightening your under-eye skin is to apply a cold, caffeine-based product, like two cold green-tea bags, under your eyes for five or six minutes. A lot of companies have actually started to create products that carry caffeine in them. However, this is a cost effective way to treat your eyes and reuse used tea bags.
- Apply Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your perfume to make the scent last longer.
Some of these were taken from: